When there is a change in a tenant’s circumstances, or a member of their household, which results in physical or medical disability / illness, the Association may be able to carry out an alteration to the property.
We aim to enable tenants to remain in their homes, but where it is not able to carry out essential adaptations we will try to assist the tenant in finding more suitable accommodation.

Should you require a minor adaptation ie grab rails, door entry intercom, lever taps etc, contact your Housing Officer with your request. The Officer will assess your request and if it is considered a minor adaptation will ask Technical Services to carry out this work. If the adaptation required is more substantial, the Housing Officer will advise you to contact your Occupational Therapist.

You may make an application for an adaptation to your home on medical grounds. However, any such application must be assessed and recommended by an Occupational Therapist or relevant professional.

If you would like to discuss an adaptation to your home please contact your Housing Officer who will be happy to advise.